CERTIFICATIONS OBTAINED THANKS TO THE PERMANENT COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY
- TOURIST QUALITY CERTIFICATE - NTS-002 Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Tourism of Colombia - 2018, 2019.
- HALL OF FAME - TRIPADVISOR CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE 5 Consecutive Years - 2019.
- TRIPADVISOR CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE - 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019.
- GOLD LEAF CERTIFICATION - SUSTAINABLE HOTELS GROUP - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019.
- CERTIFICATION GOLD LEVEL - GREENLEADER TRIPADVISOR - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
PERMANENT ACTIONS AS A RESULT OF OUR SUSTAINABLE POLICIES
From the Accommodation
- The natural conditions of the environment and the geo-spatial location of LA COLINA - Hotel Cottage They make unnecessary the use of heating and air conditioning, while allowing us to enjoy a clear mountain air loaded with negative ions, beneficial for health.
- Bogotá has one of the purest drinking water in Latin America and the Cottage It is located a few 200 mt. of the building that receives drinking water directly from one of the great reservoirs of the city.
- We collect rainwater to water the gardens.
- 80% of our garden and ornamental plants are native.
- More than 90% of faucets in guest bathrooms use 6 liters of water or less per minute.
- More than 90% of guest toilets use 4,5 liters of water or less per discharge.
- More than 90% of public faucets use 6 liters or less of water per minute.
- More than 90% of public toilets use 4,5 liters or less of water per discharge.
- We have recycling bins in common areas
- Our staff receives training on the implementation of the hotel's ecological practices at least once a year.
- Guests can learn about the ecological practices of the Cottage before and during your stay.
- We measure and record the use of energy on a regular basis (at least 4 times per year).
- 100% of external and internal bulbs are low energy consumption. Low energy bulbs include compact fluorescent tubes (CFL), LED lights and T5 / T8 fluorescent tubes.
- We have a Preventive Maintenance Plan with regular controls to ensure that the energy and water equipment is functioning effectively.
- We have controls for low-energy lights in public areas and the sensors automatically turn off the lights when they are not necessary.
From the kitchen
- We save fuel by using the supply of fresh food from the neighborhood peasant market; while we help small local producers.
- Whenever available, we use fair trade products, or trade from displaced, vulnerable or high-risk communities.
- We have an herb garden and produce some vegetables that we rotate according to the season.
- Our herbs and vegetables are completely organic and we do not use pesticides.
- We separate solid waste; turning the organic waste of the kitchen into fertilizer.
- We deliver clean and dry cardboard, paper, plastic, glass and metal to humble people who perform recycling as a means of subsistence.
- The 100% of our crockery and cutlery are reusable: porcelain, glass and stainless steel.
From the Reception
- We use only energy saving and energy saving light bulbs.
- We recycle all glass bottles in the kitchen and bar.
- We are subscribed only to a printed newspaper with daily distribution.
- Leftover materials are donated or reused. The sculptor who lives a few meters from the workshop reuses all the metal or glass elements left over in the manufacture of his art pieces.
- At least 90% of toilet products are manufactured in the immediate vicinity of the Cottage (less than 10 kilometers away)
- 90% of toilet products are biodegradable
- We use dispensers for toilet soap, bath soap, shampoo and conditioner.
- The rooms are cleaned and the clothes are washed with biodegradable and environmentally friendly products.
- We have an appropriate system for solid waste separation and pay special attention to the disposal of batteries, cell phones and the like.
- We change the sheets of our beds every third day; We change the towels every two days, in order to save water and energy.
- We have a program that includes training for cleaning staff and regular controls.
- We have a safe disposal system for hazardous materials such as paints, batteries and electronic devices.
From Education and Innovation
- We offer our guests transfer services to public transport centers.
- We provide assistance for local transportation options.
- We comply with the zoning requirements and laws related to protected areas and heritage.
- We respect the rights of indigenous cultures to land, water and property with great care
- We reject as a policy the cultivation, consumption, exhibition, sale or trade of wild species and we do not allow it at all within our facilities or in the immediate vicinity under the control of Cottage.
- We urge our guests to comment on the ecological practices of the establishment and how proud we are with our modest achievements.